Once again our staff and volunteers have been busy developing their professional qualifications.
• Congratulations to Coach Anthony for passing Level 2 MAG Coaching exams and also to our “adopted” coaches Maria Buick and Tanya Ross for passing Level 2 MAG. We hope you enjoyed your mentoring sessions at Abbey and will continue to develop this discipline within your own clubs.
• Coach Shalana has also been busy attending the Level 4 TeamGym Course in Crewe. Shalana has more days to attend at this course and hopes to complete the exam late 2016.
• Volunteer and “Gym mum” Mairi Rivers has attended the WAG Club judge course this past month and hopes to take the Judging exam at the end of November…..good luck Mairi and thank you for your commitment to the Club!
• National Planning and Performance Review: Each year British Gymnastics host a NPPR for TeamGym and a representative from each Region is invited to attend. This year Coach Alison was sent as the Northern Ireland representative to update on our Regions progress in the discipline. As a Region, Northern Ireland have been one of the most successful in developing this discipline from grassroots level and hope to have members progress to National Championships in 2016.
• Cash For Kids Big Bake Sale: Thank you to everyone who contributed to our Big Bake Sale last month. We raised a total of £143.08!